Business and Life: Harmony at its Best
When it comes to moving employees or attracting new ones, a good work-life balance is key to employee satisfaction, and that’s an area where Florida’s Space Coast delivers big. Our forward-thinking, vibrant population enjoys a full menu of lifestyle options, including diverse housing options, outdoor recreation, a growing arts scene, endless dining options, and proximity to major tourism centers of Central Florida – not to mention our dozens of rocket launches per year. “Brevard County is outstanding. We’ve got the beaches nearby, we’ve got great universities, good restaurants, entertainment, and anything you can think of for a good, fun and productive community is right here.” Winston Scott, Former Astronaut and spaceflight mission specialist on STS-72 and STS-87, Florida Institute of Technology.
More than a great place to live, more than business friendly, the Space Coast is business ready.
Brevard County’s Pro Business Environment:
- A highly educated, skilled workforce in a “right to work” state
- Low operating costs and a competitive, stable tax structure
- The world’s only quinta-modal transportation hub, with land, air, sea, rail and space transportation
- A research and development environment bolstered by nine colleges and universities, K-12 education that serves as a mode of innovation & excellence in an “A” grade district
- A thriving foreign trade zone
Many Reasons for Optimism:
- Aerion Supersonic will form a new global headquarters in Melbourne, representing a multi-year $300 million investment that is expected to generate at least 675 jobs by 2026.
- In August of 2020, Embraer announced the Phenom 300MED, a unique MEDEVAC solution that will join the current lines of production at the company’s Melbourne location.
- Aerospace and defense technology powerhouse L3Harris Technologies Inc. is continuing to expand its Space Coast operations. L3Harris added 450 jobs in Brevard in 2020.
- In 2019, Lockheed Martin celebrated the relocation of its Fleet Ballistic Missile Headquarters to Titusville, which brought 350 new jobs.
- Blue Origin has invested an unprecedented $1 billion in private capital, continuing to grow its manufacturing facility in Merritt Island.
- In June of 2019, Boeing announced it is relocating the headquarters of its Space and Launch division to Titusville.
- SpaceX continues to facilitate heavy launch activity. On May 30, 2020, Demo-2 launched from historic Launch Complex 39A with NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley, marking the first human spaceflight from the United States since 2011.
- In 2021, the 45th Space Wing forecasts as many as 53 launches from the Space Coast, including three manned missions — two with SpaceX and one with Boeing.
- Patrick named a space force base, solidifying Brevard’s future dominance in this new military department.